The Duo team have been working with clients for years on maximising productivity in their workplaces – whether in the office, or remotely. In the times of unexpected change that we find ourselves in, especially in light of COVID-19 Coronavirus, it is even more important to look at how to elevate your management impact with your team.
When working day to day with someone in an office it is often much easier to monitor, and drive, the right behaviours. A different skill is needed when managing remotely.
At Duo, behaviour is the golden thread that runs through everything we do, and driving productivity with your team, both in and out of the office, is no exception.
By understanding the key behavioural patterns of each team member you can more accurately predict how they will work remotely, and what they will need from a structural, environmental and management perspective to be the most productive.
There are a few key questions to answer when it comes to productivity during unexpected change, and when operating from a remote working structure:
- How do your team deal with change? What techniques are you employing to support your team with change in this turbulent time?
- What work environment do your team need to work most productively? For those team members that are driven by working around a team, what tools are you implementing to help continue to drive a sense of collaboration and team working?
- What working structure do your team need to be most efficient? For the people that need more structure and process how are you implementing this into their day remotely? What systems and tools are you using to drive this? For those that need flexibility and variety, how are you providing alternate work solutions?
- How are your team motivated? What are you doing to make sure that you stay tuned in to the motivations of each individual and implementing things that continue to drive this from afar?
As a team we are here to support any business who needs additional help at times like this, and are running free advice calls, please just reach out to speak to us. We have also created a couple of online resources that help bring clarity:
- A free resource that provides some quick tips and answers to the questions we have outlined above.
- An online learning course that provides more detailed insight for managers & leaders really looking to elevate their impact with their team during this time. This includes learning around all of the key behavioural patterns on our signature behavioural map, and a complete management toolkit for maximising productivity.